Why do customers adore New England farms? Why do farmers do what they do every day? The answer is simple: It’s all about love! That’s the theme of the 2017 New Hampshire Direct Marketing Conference, taking place Wednesday, Nov. 1 at noon at the Portsmouth Country Club in Greenland.
Agricultural business owners can participate in a day of interactive sessions about marketing, maintaining crop quality, the latest consumer research and strategies on how they can let the passion for their work shine through every aspect of their business. New England farm owners and educators and experts from UNH Cooperative Extension, the University of New Hampshire and the U.S. Department of Agriculture will lead sessions on uncovering brand pillars, using storytelling to market agricultural businesses and building platforms and staying relevant on social media.
Some of the topics:
- UNH researchers will present the results of two recent surveys on the shopping behaviors and motivations of N.H. farmers market customers and why New Englanders do (or don’t) buy local produce.
- Maintaining Crop Quality After Harvest. Becky Sideman
- Goranson Farm.
- Goranson Farm. Jan Goranson, a certified organic farmer in Dresden, ME
- Let’s Stay Relevant with Social Media
- Registration https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=25631
- Full Program https://extension.unh.edu/events/files/75A1319E-5056-A432-4F7B4C442CD690...
Registration is $20 per person through Oct. 26. at http://bit.ly/17nhmarketing or contact Nada Haddad at 603-679-5616 or firstname.lastname@example.org .