Farm Worker – Beverly & Wenham, MA
Who We Are
Since our founding in 1991, The Food Project has grown into an internationally recognized non-profit organization that works at the intersection of Youth, Food, and Community. For over 26 years, youth and adults from diverse backgrounds have come together to produce healthy food for residents of the city and suburbs and build local, sustainable food systems. Each year, our youth crews work with our staff to farm on 70 acres in eastern Massachusetts in the suburban towns of Beverly, Lincoln, and Wenham and partner with our neighbors in Lynn and Boston's Dudley neighborhood to create the food system they imagine. We believe that food is a unique vehicle for creating personal and social change. Nothing else ties us so intimately to each other and to the planet we share, affecting our health, the climate, and culture. Moving into the future, our goal is to transform the food system into a more just, community-engaged model, that supports food security for all.
What We Seek
The Food Project is seeking one Farm Worker for the 2018 growing season, for 16 weeks from May 21 through September 7 for 30 hours/week. Applicants for this position should have high energy for and interest in sustainable agriculture and youth development, as well as a commitment to teamwork. They should also have creative energy for making a difference in the world and a passion for the vision of The Food Project.
The Farm Worker will work on The Food Project’s Beverly & Wenham farms, growing and distributing produce through our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program, wholesale accounts, and to local hunger relief organizations.
• Willing to work in variable weather conditions.
• Experience in organic crop production/agriculture
• Experience organizing groups safely and productively.
• Experience working in a fast-paced work environment.
• Dependable, responsible, independent, and open to learning.
• Willing to work a flexible schedule. Days and hours worked may vary within the
• 21+ years of age with a valid driver’s license in good standing (required for use
of TFP vehicles)
• Farm Work: Harvesting, transplanting, weeding, seeding, washing produce, packing produce
• Delivering produce weekly to Lynn
• Leading and teaching volunteer groups
• Assisting youth crews in their field work during July and August
• Maintaining orderly site for all visitors
This is a part-time, seasonal position from May 21 - September 7, 2018. Hourly wage is $12 per hour for 30 hours of work per week and produce from the farm.
We will review all submissions, identify viable candidates and contact ONLY those individuals selected to continue in the search process. The position will be filled when the desired candidate is found.
Please send resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com. In the subject line, write your name and the position for which you are applying, eg: “Jordan Smith – Beverly & Wenham Farm Worker”.
The Food Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to creating a multicultural organization. We actively seek a diverse pool of candidates for this position.