The Food Project is seeking two Farm Workers for the 2018 growing season, from May 14 through August 24.
Applicants for this position should have high energy for and interest in sustainable agriculture and youth development, as well as a commitment to teamwork. They should also have creative energy for making a difference in the world and a passion for the vision of The Food Project. The Farm Worker will work on The Food Project’s 30-acre farm in Lincoln, MA, growing and distributing produce through our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program and Farmers' Markets in Boston, and to local hunger relief organizations.
- Willing to work in variable weather conditions.
- Hand weeding and vegetable harvesting
- Experience organizing groups safely and productively.
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment.
- Dependable, responsible, independent, and open to learning.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule. Days and hours worked may vary within the season
- Farm Work: Harvesting, transplanting, weeding, seeding, washing produce, packing produce
- Leading and teaching volunteer groups
- Assisting youth crews in their field work during July and August
- Maintaining orderly site for all visitors Compensation
This is a full-time, seasonal position from May 14 – August 24, 2018. Hourly wage is $12 per hour for 40 hours of work per week, plus a transportation stipend for daily travel to and from the farm (specific amount depends on each employee’s actual costs). Includes worker's compensation.
Recruitment Process - We will review all submissions, identify viable candidates and contact ONLY those individuals selected to continue in the search process. The position will be filled when the desired candidate is found.
Please send resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com. In the subject line, write your name and the position for which you are applying, eg: “Jordan Smith – Lincoln Farm Worker”. The Food Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to creating a multicultural organization. We actively seek a diverse pool of candidates for this position. More at http://thefoodproject.org/get-involved/work-here