The Needham Community Farm (NCF) Garden Class Instructor is responsible for teaching two weekly
gardening classes for adults and families. NCF’s gardening classes offer students gardening instruction,
plants, materials and growing space. NCF has existing garden class curriculum to be used and adapted
by the Instructor. Classes are held from mid-April through July. Students have ongoing access to their
growing space for the remainder of the season.
This is a seasonal, part-time 7.5 hour per week position for 14 weeks, from mid-April through July.
This person will work on-site at Needham Community Farm. Additionally, the Garden Class Instructor will
be responsible for remote lesson planning and communications with students. Monday and Wednesday
evening (5:30 pm-8:00 pm) availability required. The Garden Class Instructor reports to the Farm
Manager. Pay is $15.00-$18.00 hourly depending on experience.
Lead weekly gardening classes at Needham Community Farm.
The Farm Educator will lead two weekly gardening classes for adults and families:
● Plan and lead lessons for weekly gardening classes using existing curriculum; communicate
weekly with garden class students about lesson plans
● Support students as they plan, plant and maintain garden beds
● Communicate with Farm Manager about status of classes and student gardens during brief
weekly check-in meetings.
● Maintain records of garden class attendance and lessons
● Knowledge of vegetable gardening using organic methods
● Strong communication skills with diverse populations
● Reliable personal transportation to multiple locations in Needham
● Access to computer for limited remote administrative work
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org