Weatherlow Farms seeks an enthusiastic individual to represent Weatherlow Farms at local farmers’ markets. This is a part time (6-12 hours/week) position, some weekend work.
Roles & Responsibilities
● Prepare for markets, gathering supplies and products for sale and transporting to market; set up market stall ahead of market opening
● Attend to market customers as a representative of the farm, selling product, answering questions, taking orders, and promoting the farm, its products, and activities
● At market end, break down the stall and transport all supplies and remaining goods back to the farm, properly putting them away
● Coordinate with the Operations Manager on missing or low supplies, customer special orders, and questions
● farm and/ or farmers’ market experience, preferred
● Interest in sustainable livestock agriculture and farmers’ markets
● Clean driving record and Ability to lift 50 pounds, required
● A serious work ethic, reliability, and enthusiasm are essential. The ability to follow instructions and have adaptive thinking skills are critical
Weatherlow Farms raises the highest quality grassfed beef, lamb, chevon, pastured poultry and eggs in the seaside town of Westport, MA. We grow a curated selection of flowers and foliage for weddings and special events. All is cared for employing environmentally sustainable and socially responsible practices which focus on the special relationship between land, animal and food. We host farm events throughout the year, including farm-to-table dinners, workshops, weddings, and private dinners and parties. Visit us at: www.weatherlowfarms.com
Please send a cover letter and resume to Ryan Wagner: firstname.lastname@example.org.