Monday, February 6th | 9:30am to 5:00pm
Stonehill College | North Easton, MA
Instructors: Andrew Mefferd and Michael Kilpatrick
Cost*: NOFA/MOFGA Member - $75 ; General Public - $95
*Limited scholarships are available for beginning farmers (those growing 10 or less years) who are active NOFA/Mass members. To apply please click here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfx_WFNKvxx5DlodDv57gcVVgEYsHnH...
This all-day interactive intensive, ideal for the intermediate or advanced grower, is intended to bring your management of tunnels to the next level. Whether you’re grappling with questions about when and how to heat your tunnel, how to push your season extension further, which varietals are worth growing, or how to optimize crop successions for year-round production, this intensive will provide you insight and inspiration for the next growing season and beyond.
· Which crops are worth growing and why?
· Optimizing crop successions for maximum yield
· Irrigation, plastic, tech tools, and infrastructure options
· How to push the season even further
· On-site high tunnel visit and audit at Stonehill College Farm
· Heating: when, why, how, and how much?
· Adapting the lessons of the most successful commercial greenhouse growers for organic/biological systems
· NRCS representative to answer questions about high tunnel grants
· Guest presenters highlighting their innovative practices
Register online: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2720143